Gum arabic is known for its popular and scientific properties for the treatment of several chronic diseases. These healing properties are proven by scientific researches conducted in Germany, Britain, Sudan and America in the mid-nineties. The gum arabic is derived from acacia trees. Sudan is the world's largest producer, the largest exporter of gum arabic, accounting for around 90 per cent of the world's gum production.
And for those who do not know, the gum arabic is one of the miracles of the Holy Quran, which Allah spoke about (mentioned in the name of Manna ) in several Quranic verses, including what is mentioned in Surah Taha: O Children of Israel! We delivered you from your enemy, and We appointed with you a tryst on the right side of the Mount and We sent down to you manna and quails (80) And the gum is kind of the Manna according to the interpretation of the scholars, which is one of the greatest blessings that God gave to the children of Israel.
Among the properties of gum arabic, we cite that it helps to form beneficial bacteria that contribute to treat and prevent serious diseases such as the liver and kidneys. These deseases are difficult to cure with chemical drugs, so gum arabic is one of the most medical and therapeutic structures that help to get rid of these diseases. It give good results in the treatment of patients with renal failure, heart and bone and colorectal diseases. Gum Arabic is considered as the best herbal cure for renal failure at present. It is the subject of interest of specialists worldwide. It is still new in Tunisia because the culture of herbal treatment is still not known.
Talha Gum Arabic: Widely used in cosmetics (shampoos, foundations, etc.) and in combination with medicines (tablets, capsules, etc.) and in the agro-food industry.
Hashab Gum Arabic: Used in the treatment of renal failure. It reduces the proportion of creatininecausing kidney failure. It contributes to the treatment of diseases of bone, heart, colon, chest, lung and stomach. It is the best type of gum arabic to treat diseases.
Louban Gum Arabic: Generaly used against diseases of the thorax and lung diseases.
Gum arabic is a natural form of fiber, mineral salts and carbohydrates. 89% of arabic gum is made up of quality fibers, the rest is potassium, magnesium, calcium and a group of carbohydrates such as ribose and alarabinos. It is soluble in water and insoluble in alcohol.
Gum arabic offers many benefits (scientifically proven) which vary according to their types and uses. Scientific studies have shown that gum arabic is the most effective treatment for renal failure in herbs for its excellent and effective results in reducing the level of creatinine in patients with renal failure.
• The gum arabic is used in the treatment of renal failure. It has a large and effective ability to renew renal cells and improve its function. It also contributes to the treatment of diseases related to disorders. These diseases include high blood pressure, cholesterol, kidney infections and diabetes. Arabic gum controls the sugar in the blood and reduces the absorption of sugar in the body and thus helps in the treatment.
• It is one of the most important treatments for osteoporosis in elderly and children and in postmenopausal women.
• Gum Arabic helps reduce the incidence of cardiovascular disease.
• Gum Arabic is used in the incense industry because it contains fastening properties.
• It is used by women just after childbirth because of its healing properties against wounds. The gum helps in the growth of beneficial bacteria that help in rapid healing.
• Help in the treatment of chest and lung diseases, such as colds and coughs.
• Helps against high levels of urine acidity.
• Helps to strengthen the immune system, so it is advisable to be used by patients with cancer and AIDS.
• Gum arabic contributes to the prevention of cancer diseases, in particular from cancers of the intestines and cancers of the colon and other forms of tumors.
• Helps prevent and treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
• Gum Arabic treats digestive problems such as constipation and diarrhea, as it contains fiber, sugars and soluble carbohydrates. Gum arabic contributes to the digestion process and helps in the growth of bacterial levels beneficial to the stomach and intestines. It helps to get rid of the pathogen and in the construction of the mucosa of the intestinal wall.
• Gum Arabic is considered as an effective remedy against obesity. It gives a feeling of fullness. It contributes to the secretion of enzymes responsible of digestion of fatty substances in the intestines. Thus, it helps to get rid of excess weight.
• Gum Arabic is used in the treatment of joints and bones, as it contains a significant proportion of calcium.
• Contributes to the promotion of oral health by preventing the growth of bacteria and limestone in teeth.
Gum Arabic is widely used as a cure for many diseases. The mode of use varies according to the nature and stage of the disease. Generally, gum arabic is easy to use since it does not require association with other components.
How to use Gum Arabic with certain diseases?
Gum Arabic is used to prevent diseases. Add 25 grams of gum to a glass of warm water and drink it twice a day, morning and evening.
Gum Arabic is used to protect the hair against precipitation and dandruff and weak roots. A little of the gum arabic is mixed with water and applied to the hair, left as a mask for about two hours, then rinse with water. A difference can be noticed from the first use.
The use of gum arabic in the confectionery industry (rather than using starch or gelatin) makes the ingredients solid and consistent.
Can be used as a face mask by adding a little starch with gum arabic and a little warm water. Apply the mixture obtained on the skin and leave until it dries and then wash it with water.
Gum Arabic is used to prevent natural disorders of the digestive system. It can suppress spasms in the intestines and the colon: a little gum arabic can be added to a glass of boiling water.
Taking gum every day helps to control blood sugar, it helps to regulate cholesterol levels and reduce high blood pressure hypertension.
Renal failure is one of the most prominent diseases treated by gum arabic. Renal failure is a chronic disease difficult to treat with classic drugs. Recent studies and experiments have proven that the treatment of kidney failure with gum arabic is possible because its use in treatment of patients with kidney failure was successful and promising. A German study of 20 cases used 50 grams of gum arabic daily (25g in the morning and 25g in the evening) with a diet based on reducing the intake of protein in food. The treatment lasted 4 months. The amount of beneficial bacteria increased greatly in the digestive system. The level of creatinine and nitrogen ratio decreased in the colon compared with the analysis before and after the use of gum arabic. Gum arabic contributed to the improvement of some cases of kidney failure and in the full healing of other cases. It is considered as the most powerful treatment of renal failure currently.
Gum Arabic is used with a protein-reducing diet to promote the release of toxins and accumulated waste in the colon through feces. Gum ingredients are fermented by colon bacteria, which use these substances as a source of energy and growth, helping them to absorb and dispose of nitrogen.
[ Read more: Gum arabic and kidney failure ]
Scientific studies have shown that Gum Arabic has no side effects, it is safe to use against various diseases.
Archives du blog