- Maceration in water against diarrhea and dysentery, gastric ailments and worms, to regulate the circulation of the pregnant woman and against genito-urinary affections.
- In maceration and compress with the leaves crushed against the bites of the scorpion and the snake.
- The leaves are masticated against toothache and inflammation of the gums.
- In mouthwash against gingivitis, stomatitis and glossitis.
- The powder is used to heal wounds and treat boils.
NB: excessive use can cause gastroenteritis.